The Chandler House
Dr. & Sir offers the Lehigh Valley's only 5-star luxury accommodations.
The Chandler House is one of the 5-star luxury accommodations offered by Dr. & Sir. Built in 1868, it seamlessly combines the old and the modern and can accommodate 18 guests. What could be better than enjoying the Christmas City from your own historic home? Located centrally to Christkindlmarkt, one block to downtown shopping/restaurants, Wind Creek Casino and Event Center, universities, Steelstacks, Musikfest, Celtic Classic, Moravian Colonial Industrial Quarter, and all the city has to offer.
In the living room, a Moravian tile fireplace is a central design accent. It’s topped with a 65-inch Samsung LED Smart TV with cable. Relax, as the super-comfy couch is also a pull-out queen-size sleeper bed to accommodate an extra guest. The room features a game table with card games, Stave puzzles and board games.
On premises is a high-functioning gym with private entrance. Reach your fitness goals with the ProCore AMT full-stride commercial-grade all-muscle elliptical trainer, two Pro-Fitness commercial spin bikes and a classic black walnut Water Rower rowing machine. The gym also features foam-core flooring, free weights up to 25 pounds, two weight benches and a mirrored wall. During your workout, don't miss the lovely views.
Love the outdoors? There’s a covered wrap front porch and a cozy back porch. The lull of a fountain beckons a backyard garden visitor, and when weather permits, a patio table with seating for eight is perfect for a casual outdoor retreat.
No parties are allowed.
Looking for More Great Accommodations?
Check our profile, we have other 5-Star Luxury Properties on Airbnb, each with a different and intriguing theme: It’s always Christmas at our Christmas City Mansion (sleeps 24). Our grande dame, The Victorian Mansion (sleeps 16), has a Rococo Princess Suite, the elegant Meyer Room, the quirky Inventors Suite, and toys in Oma’s Attic. Our Soho-style Lofts on Main (Sleeps 4 or 8 per loft) in the heart of downtown Bethlehem, and, of course, The Chandler House (sleeps 18) where you can “Live like a millionaire,” according to a guest.
The Charming Bedrooms at Chandler House
The Asa Packer Room
- This beautiful and sunny first-floor room boasts floor-to-ceiling windows and a curtained four-post queen-size Dr. & Sir Perfect Bedding System.
- A Jotul cast-iron gas stove accents the fireplace for added ambiance and warmth.
- The room features QLED TV and high-speed WiFi.
- The large, private bathroom boasts a water closet, a claw-foot tub with hand-held shower head and Bath Master shower spa with whirlpool, steam and massaging jets.
- L’Occitane amenities are offered in all rooms.
The Fenimore Cooper Room
- This charming room at the top of the elegant stairway on the second floor in the Chandler House features a four-post queen-size canopy bed with the Dr. & Sir Perfect Bedding System and quaint writing desk.
- The window seat is perfect for snuggling up with a good book, yet HD TV and high-speed WiFi add modern convenience.
- Added amenities include hotel-quality bed linen, large closet, iron and luggage rack.
- The large, private bath features L’Occitane products.
The Count Von Zinzendorf Suite
- The noble and spacious Count Von Zinzendorf Suite is an elegant second-floor retreat featuring dramatic carved furnishings, a comfortable writing desk and a generous sitting room.
- The suite offers a king-size bed for 2 featuring the Dr. & Sir Perfect Bedding System in the main bedroom and a full-size pull-out bed in the sitting room that also sleeps 2.
- Both rooms feature HD TV and high-speed WiFi.
- The full, private bath features a Bath Master with a rain shower, steam and massaging jets. L’Occitane bath products are a wonderful amenity.
- A little apartment-like suite on the top floor is a great place to send the kids while the grownups enjoy the downstairs.
- The suite has three rooms and sleeps 8: 2 in a king bed, 2 each on 2 pull-out full sofa beds and 2 each in pair of twins.
- Features 2 HD TVs, high-speed WiFi, full bath, microwave and coffee maker.
Other Features At The Chandler House
- All guests are free to use the kitchen, living room and dining room on the first floor and the laundry and efficiency kitchen on the second floor. Garden and porches are also open to all guests. A small exercise room is accessible from a separate entrance at the back of the home.
Interaction with Guests
As part of our COVID19 protocol, guests are offered self-check-in to minimize contact but we are always available by phone. We can suggest restaurants, boutique shops and activities in and around Bethlehem. With advance notice, we may be able to arrange VIP access to tickets for ArtsQuest and Musikfest events.
We Take Pride In Our Reviews
Mary Ellen and Jay believe in providing guests with the 5-Star Luxury Experience! We are so proud of this review from an executive at an international corporation. Her review encapsulates our high goal for all of our guests.
“Jay and Mary Ellen were beyond ideal hosts. Their communication was outstanding before our trip even began. The accommodations were just as pictured, and more! They have kept the charm of the old house, but have made necessary updates where appropriate (shower, kitchen, etc.). Their attention to detail is truly tangible from the moment you walk through the door through the moment when you slip into bed at night. Side note: their bed sheets are AMAZING. A colleague and I were in the area for a week-long work trip and this was the first time we have used AirBnB for our accommodations. We are SO glad we did and will definitely continue to use one of J and ME's properties in the future. These are two very genuine people with a very high standard of hospitality. I fully recommend staying here!”
Read all the reviews by our guests and their positive experiences of staying at Dr. & Sir’s five-star accommodations.
Also available for long-term lease. Contact our property manager at propertymanager@DrAndSirRentals.com for details.